Sky Aircraft Maintenance, Lexington, NC 27292
Full Job Description
A&P Aircraft Mechanic –
Summary of Accountabilities
Maintains, repairs, and overhauls aircraft to ensure the aircraft is in safe working condition.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform all repairs, replacements, etc. on all aircraft systems, airframes, or engines safely and expeditiously and within FAA, and or manufacturer’s specifications.
- Assist team leaders and shop supervisors in finding unsafe or potential problems to customer’s aircraft. Report errors, and repair as needed.
- Become familiar with all technical publications (maintenance personals, parts catalogs, airworthiness directives, service bulletins, etc.) concerning aircraft maintained at this facility.
- Own and maintain basic hand tools and test equipment to perform assigned tasks.
- Work and communicate closely with other shop and office personnel to assure a smooth transition of all customer aircraft.
- Become familiar and proficient with all shop test and maintenance gear.
- Perform all tasks assigned by management in a timely and safe manner.
- Maintain a professional demeanor towards all customers, be courteous, informative, and sincere.
- Maintain a clean and neat work area. Help with other housekeeping duties as assigned.
- Provide backup to line personnel when they are moving aircraft in and out of the hangers.
- Other activities and projects as approved by the Director of Maintenance, Shop
Supervisor or the General Manager.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work of the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of this position.
Starting wage TBD
-Must have A&P Certificate
– with 5+ years, BeechJet, 400A, Lear 60 and Citation 560 experience preferred.
-Paid vacation & sick time
-Must be legal to work in U.S.
-Drug testing per Federal DOD guidelines
Job Type: Full-time
- 8-hour shift
- Day shift
- A&P: 1 year (Required)
- Driver’s License (Required)
- A&P Certificate (Required)
- One location