About the Position
Dare County Regional Airport (KMQI) is seeking an Airport Director to direct, manage, supervise, coordinate, and operate the services of the Airport, as well as, building and field maintenance, aviation safety, regulatory compliance and other related activities. The Airport Director works under the broad guidance of the Dare County Airport Authority (DCAA).
- Operates with considerable latitude, which requires discretion and judgment based on extensive airport management knowledge to make independent professional and managerial decisions.
- Assists the DCAA in identifying short and long-range airport improvement projects including planning, scheduling, and budgeting.
- Provides status reports to the DCAA on management of airport projects, airport incidents, and significant events.
- Responsible for maintenance of runways, lighting, communications equipment, buildings, grounds, hangars, and other airport properties.
- Develops and recommends policies, procedures, and fee structures for fuel, hangar rents, and fees charged to airport tenants.
- Thorough knowledge and experience in airport operations.
- Knowledge of FAA, State, and local regulations related to airport management.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally.
- Ability to supervise, train, and evaluate employees in airport operations and maintenance.
- Good personal skills and the ability to work effectively with pilots, executives, tenants, vendors, the public, and employees.
- Pilot’s License (preferred, but not required)
Education, Experience and Supplemental Information
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred) in Airport Management, Business Administration, or other related field.
- College degree requirements may be substituted with High School Diploma and extensive airport management experience and knowledge.