Assistant Professor or Instructor – Engineering & Technology – Aviation
Southeast Missouri State University
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Job Type: Full-Time
Assistant Professor (Tenure Track) or Instructor (Non-tenure track) – Two Positions
Department of Engineering and Technology
College of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics
Southeast Missouri State University is seeking qualified applicants for a full-time faculty position to develop and support an aviation program in the Department of Engineering & Technology.
• Support the continued development of the professional pilot program.
• Teach undergraduate courses in aviation and potentially other areas as assigned and qualified.
• Advise students and provide service to the Department/College/University.
• As an Assistant Professor, establish a productive research program to support undergraduate degree programs.
• For Assistant Professor position: Master’s degree in Aviation, Aviation Education or closely related field (by August 2023, degree must be from a regionally accredited or internationally accredited/government-certified university).
• For Instructor position: Bachelor’s degree in Aviation, Aviation Education or closely related field (by August 2023, degree must be from a regionally accredited or internationally accredited/government-certified university).
• Current FAA flight instructor certifications that include either a Commercial rating or CFI.
• Demonstrated ability to teach high-quality courses in aviation.
• Demonstrated experience in the aviation industry.
• Evidence of effective communication skills (including oral, written, and interpersonal).
• Demonstrated ability to stay up-to-date in the aviation field and aviation education. As an Assistant Professor, this includes a demonstrated ability to conduct and publish research and other scholarly activities.
• Demonstrated ability to advise and mentor students and promote the department.
• Demonstrated commitment to collegiality when interacting with others within the University community.
• Demonstrated commitment to a diverse work environment, including working with multi-cultural populations and an understanding of, and sensitivity to, issues affecting women and minorities.
As a public regional university (with a graduate mission), Southeast seeks candidates with a commitment to excellent undergraduate (and graduate) education and student success within the framework of the teacher-scholar model. Applications of instructional technology and pedagogical research are supported through the Center for Teaching and Learning and the Office of Online Learning. Successful candidates will contribute to the development of innovative curricula and delivery strategies, including traditional, blended and online formats, and participate in initiatives promoting student success, retention, and degree completion.
Required Information & Deadline
Application Deadline: The position is available August 2023 and will remain open until filled. The review of applications will begin immediately.
Submit all of the following items by clicking on the APPLY button at the top of the page:
• Letter of interest addressing the position required qualifications and how you learned of this position.
• Current curriculum vitae.
• Statement of no more than one page on how your research, professional experiences, and/or related activities could contribute to the program.
• Statement of no more than one page introducing your teaching philosophy.
• Unofficial copies of transcripts (official transcripts are required when an offer of employment is accepted).
• Names and contact information of three references.
Departmental Information: Additional information regarding the Department of Engineering & Technology can be found at http://www.semo.edu/eng-tech/.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/3617145
Southeast Missouri State University is committed to providing equal employment opportunity and to the principles of affirmative action. In accordance with this commitment, and in compliance with the requirements of applicable laws, it is the policy of the University to provide equal opportunity for all applicants and employees in its employment practices, without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status. The University believes that a diverse University community advances the academic purposes of the University and enhances the working and learning environment.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.