|Division: Academic Affairs
Department: Education, College of
Unit: Aviation209, IFO
Employment Condition: Probationary
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Priority consideration will be given to applications received prior to October 18, 2021.
POSITION: Tenure-Track (Probationary*)
Salary Type: Depends on qualifications
Bargaining Unit/Plan: 209, IFO
Teach courses in undergraduate Aviation program, including Aviation Management courses. Teach standard teaching load of 24 credits per academic year with demonstrated competence in professional pilot and management areas of specialization. Engage in research/scholarship and service. Advise undergraduate students. Contribute to program and course development, including assessment of student learning. Participate in Aviation Department activities including student recruitment, retention and completion and maintaining Aviation Accreditation Board International (AABI) accreditation.
• A typical faculty workload responsibility may include up to twenty four (24) credits of instruction per academic year.
• The successful candidate may need to teach in other areas as assigned and qualified.
• May be expected to develop and deliver face-to-face, hybrid, and on-line instruction at the Mankato campus, online, and/or at the university’s additional locations, as assigned.
• The successful candidate will collaborate with colleagues in curriculum design, instruction and evaluation, conduct research productively and mentor students in research, help create innovative strategies for student recruitment, retention, and completion, and may be expected to develop external grant funding opportunities.
• All faculty members are expected to engage in scholarly or creative activity or research, in continuing preparation and study, in contributing to student growth and development, and in providing service to the university and community (See Article 22 and Appendix G of the http://www.mnsu.edu/hr/bargaining.html
• M.S. in Aviation, Aerospace, Aviation Management, Aeronautics, or closely related field. (Conferred on an official transcript at the time of hire.)
• Ground or Flight Instructor Certificate (Conferred within one year of hire.)
• Demonstrated professional experience or research competence.
• Demonstrated commitment to fostering a diverse working and learning environment.
• Demonstrated effective written, oral communication and/or presentation skills.
• Doctoral degree in Aviation, Aerospace, Aviation Management, Aeronautics, DBA, JD or closely related field. (Conferred on an official transcript at the time of hire.)
• Evidence of potential to maintain an active scholarly agenda.
• Preparation for and demonstrated competence in teaching in Aviation Management.
• Professional Pilot and/or instructor pilot experience.
• Demonstrated experience of highly effective teaching in the aviation field.
Work safely at all times, which includes but is not limited to, participating and completing all required safety trainings, as well as performing all job tasks in accordance with Minnesota State University, Mankato policies and procedures utilizing appropriate tools, equipment and personal protective equipment.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: The Aviation department at Minnesota State University, Mankato offers the only AABI accredited 4-year BS in Aviation in Minnesota enjoying a diverse population of approximately 600 undergraduate students. The program includes an emphasis in Professional Flight, Aviation Management, or Aeronautics with the majority of students pursuing the Professional Flight emphasis. We have an active partnership with North Star Aviation located at the Mankato Regional Airport for FAA Part 141 flight training and utilize, in addition to single and multi-engine aircraft, Redbird and jet flight simulators as part of the Professional Flight training.
University Demographics The core value for Minnesota State is to provide an opportunity for all Minnesotans to create a better future for themselves, for their families, and for their communities. The focus of our work includes:· Enhancing access and student success.· Providing Minnesota with the talent it needs.· Anchoring the communities and regions we serve.Equity 2030 seeks to bridge efforts occurring within divisions and institutions, creating an intentional statewide culture of equity-minded collaboration and resulting in equitable practice embedded throughout our institutions. Founded as a Normal School in 1868, Minnesota State University, Mankato is a regional comprehensive university with a tradition of combining big-ideas with real-working thinking to find solutions for pressing problems in the state, region, and global society. Mankato, Minnesota, is a community of nearly 53,000 people, about 85 miles southwest of the twin cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul.Serving ~18,000 students annually, the University is an applied research institution, with >200 academic programs, from bachelor’s through doctoral degrees. The University is a diverse and global campus with 18+% students of color and 1,300+ international students from 95 countries, cutting-edge information technology solutions, 3 additional locations, and extensive partnerships. With ~1,700 faculty and staff, the University has an annual budget of $216 million, and generates $781.5 million in economic impact per year. Minnesota State University, Mankato is a member of the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities. Noteworthy facts include: specialized accreditation, certification, or recognition, by more than 24 accrediting bodies; designation as a Non-Land Grant College of Agriculture, by the US Department of Agriculture (USDA) in 2015; selection among the top 10% of American Association of State Colleges & Universities (AASCU) institutions for the Re-imagining the First Year of College (RFY) position project; and an Intercollegiate Athletics program that has ranked in the top 5 nationally within the Learfield Sports Directors’ Cup standings for 7 of the last 10 years.We seek to attract teaching and research-active, culturally and academically diverse faculty members, with a demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. Minnesota State University, Mankato, is student-centered and focuses on applied research that expands knowledge; improves learning; and serves the region, state, and nation. Additional information on Minnesota State University, Mankato can be found at: http://www.mnsu.edu.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: To apply for this position, please continue the process via this website: http://www.mnsu.edu/hr/vacancy/ A complete online application will include the following attachments. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed by the search committee.
• Cover Letter
*Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Inter Faculty Organization which can be found at: http://www.mnsu.edu/hr/bargaining.html
The Minnesota State University, Mankato Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available for your review. This report is required by federal law and contains policy statements and crime statistics for the University. The policy statements address the school’s policies, procedures and programs concerning safety and security. Three years’ worth of statistics are included for certain types of crimes that were reported to have occurred on-campus, or in other University affiliated locations. This report is available online at: http://www.mnsu.edu/safety/ You may also request a paper copy from University Security at 507-389-2111, or by emailing email@example.com
The following link provides a brief overview of benefits available to eligible employees of Minnesota State University.
Select the IFO Summary (Faculty) link from the list for specifics of that plan.
Posting Number: M151M
Number of Vacancies: 1
Desired Start Date: 08/15/2022
Open Date: 09/27/2021
Open Until Filled: Yes
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2540921
Minnesota State University, Mankato has a long-standing commitment to diversity and is actively seeking to nurture and enrich its underrepresented communities. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. In accordance with USCIS regulations, successful applicants must be legally able to accept work in the United States. Requests for reasonable accommodation of a disability during the application and/or interview process should be made to the Office of Human Resources, 507-389-2015 (V), 800-627-3529 or 711 (MRS /TTY ). This Vacancy Notice is available in alternative format upon request. Minnesota State University, Mankato is an affirmative action/equal opportunity University and is a member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.