With the most comprehensive lineup of avionic upgrades in the industry, Garmin offer solution for most any budget and mission. Our avionics solutions help provide industry-leading capabilities, increase situational awareness and enhance decision-making like never before. Come join our team!
We are currently seeking a Senior Aviation Maintenance Technician for our aircraft certification team in the beautiful Pacific Northwest at our Salem, Oregon location. In this role, the Senior Aviation Maintenance Technician, will provide aircraft maintenance and modification services in support of corporate aircraft use and Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) certification of new product installations. Other job functions include:
· Maintain corporate aircraft in accordance with FAA regulations
· Perform aircraft inspections in accordance with FAA regulations and operating limitations
· Prepare and finalize aircraft maintenance entries and work orders
· Work with Engineering department to develop aircraft installations and modifications
· Modify standard and experimental aircraft, as directed, in accordance with FAA regulations
· Assist in creation and revision of documentation for installation and continued airworthiness of company products
· Accept and complete projects and other miscellaneous duties as assigned
Qualified candidates will possess a high school diploma or GED and a FAA Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic Certification and thorough knowledge of FAA regulations applicable to aircraft maintenance, modification, and operation. Other qualifications include:
· A minimum of 10 years of experience maintaining 14 CFR part 23 and part 25 aircraft.
· Familiarity with Federal Aviation Regulations, Parts 1, 21, 23, 25, 27, 29, 39, 43, 45, 61, 91, 121, 135
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills
· Excellent computer and typing skills
Preferred qualifications include:
· Experience maintaining 14 CFR part 27 and part 29 rotorcraft
· Current Inspection Authorization
· Experience in a 14 CFR part 145 repair station
· FAA DAR Certification, experience as FAA/DMIR, or ODA Inspection Unit Member
Garmin International is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran’s status, age or disability.
Put Your Passion to Work – Visit our career site to see all our opportunities ties Garmin Careers.